Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Title Block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Paul,
This is just a work-around, but it seems to work for me just fine. What you can do, if you have a title block already, is create a new view inside the drawing you want the title block in and then copy it from where it is saved into this new view. I know there is a way to actually put the title block in the background but I have not gotten that far yet. Make sure to create an entire new view and it will be easy to move its position on the sheet. Also, make sure that the view you want to paste into is activated before pasting.

If anyone knows how to set a title block into the background, I am interested to hear how it works.

Hope that helps, BT

If you want to use a standard titleblock, then you can go to:

inside drafting workbench go to edit/background

then an icon will appear on the "drawing toolbar" that is the frame creation icon. If you hit it then a new window will appear allowing you to creat edit or delete a titleblock. It automatically creates it o the size of the page etc.. puts the user name, drawing number date and weight automatically In catia you have two or three allready defined, and if you are brave enough, you can edit the macro that generates them, and personalized them for youself. We did and its quite easy.

Hope it helps

BT,
Try File/Page Setup, pick Insert Background View then browse to your titleblock. It has to be a CATDrawing so if you have a titleblock in DXF or DWG import first it then save it.

There is one in the online docs which autofits, if you view the file in wordpad then it is very easy to edit and insert your own comments / terms in, also if required images can be added. Make sure in drawing options that you point the link to the correct place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back