Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Titleblock in NX 4 Drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkonrard

Mechanical
Jan 26, 2005
US
I am using UG NX 4.0 and am having difficuly getting the titleblock to show. I have set my ugii_env.dat file to point to the correct file where my pattern is located, but I still can not get the titleblock to show properly. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you understand that you've only set your pattern directory? This is nothing more than telling NX where to start browsing when you're trying to insert a pattern. Have you used Format -> Pattern -> Retrieve Pattern to insert the pattern in your part?

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

When I open a seed part that a client sent me, I was under the impression that that was taken care of and I would just have to set my pattern directory. When I open the seed part and switch to drafting, the "pattern" option is grayed out.

This is one drawback of using patterns. You have to send the pattern file out with the part file if you want someone else to be able to use the drawing. Did the client include the pattern file in the data package? If so, open it before you open the drawing file. The drawing file should then open with the pattern in place. If not, then you will have to request of them, or use your own.

Another alternative is to expand the pattern after you place it in the sheet. I do this as a routine task because most of my drawings are sent to outside shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back