Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Tourist submersible visiting the Titanic is missing Part 2 68

There is nothing cavalier about his actions.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

cavalier: marked by or given to offhand and often disdainful dismissal of important matters.

IRS... just in case some people thought his actions were positive, or admirable in any fashion.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

My company once leased a boat. It was so bad I decided to view their website. The website had a story about the architect claiming that he was so good he could design a tugboat on a napkin. I could tell that is exactly what he had done. That architect somehow found a winch manufacturer that was even worse than he was. Low quality engineers attract low quality vendors. It creates a perfect storm.

cavalier: marked by or given to offhand and often disdainful dismissal of important matters.

I think that describes my opinion of Rush to a T; he absolutely disdainfully dismissed all the experts that told him he was full of crap and needed to prove his concept with test to failure. His dogged pursuit of "breaking" rules, because he failed to recognize that while advances often came from breaking the rules, arbitrarily breaking the rules often does not confer advances, merely death or dismemberment.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Back