Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UGNX 8.5 DRAFTING ANNOTATION 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyghost

Aerospace
Feb 13, 2010
US
Dear all,
Here I have few questions about Drafting annotation.

-How to keep permanently my drafting annotations like " Fonts, arrow sizes, gap between dimension and picking point,
and for radius arrow style"

-Dimension break. eg. some times dimension line pass through on another dimension ,so, here I need to break dim line to create some gap.
- How to assign attributes to my drawing sheet. like material, weight, part number, Drawing number , scale & sheets.
For attributes I don't want any manual edit , Just I want give relation to my views.
- How to create roles for like part mark, dimension break.

Thanking you and waiting for your valuable replies.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you're using Drawing template files, you will need to open the master templates and set the Annotation Preferences to the desired settings and then save the templates.

Breaks in leaders and extension lines are done by adding 'gap' symbols which can be found at...

Insert -> Symbol -> User Defined...

...set the 'Use Symbols in:' to 'Utility Directory' and you will find several 'Gap' symbols which you can then attach to the leader/extension line that you wish to create a gap in. In may take a little practice as to how this works, but you'll get the hang of it.

If you're using NX 8.5, if set-up in Customer Defaults you should already have Mass Property Attributes in your part files IF you've been assigning Materials to your models using...

Tools -> Materials -> Assign Materials...

Now you can create notes which reference these Attribute by using the Text Editor and expanding the 'Symbols' section and changing the 'Category' to 'Relationships' which will then cause several types of 'References' including Part and Object Attributes as well as Expressions.

Anyway, that should get you started.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Following the break leader question, how can I delete the gap created inserting the gap symbol?

Thank you

In drafting Mode:

Edit->Component->Delete Component
Select the Line where the Gap Symbol is added and indicate the symbol.

This should do it.

Best regards,

Pascal,

NX8 and waiting for NX 8.5, on Win7 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back