Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Select Sketch Datum Point in Drawing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetFueledEngineer

Mechanical
Oct 7, 2014
US
All,

I've created a sketch within an assembly, and the sketch only contains a point that is offset from a feature within the assembly. I want to be able to dimension to this point in the drawing. When I create the drawing of the assembly, I am unable to view or select this point when dimensioning or trying to place a target point symbol. I have made every layer selectable within the assembly and the drawing and have clicked on Show All.

When I open the assembly and go to the Show and Hide menu, it has a folder for datums, and the folder contains both points and coordinate systems. In comparison, when I open the Show and Hide menu in the drawing, it has a folder for datums, but it only contains coordinate systems, no points. Any thoughts as to what I might be missing? I just dimensioned to a point using the exact same method on a part earlier this week, so this is making no sense to me.

Thanks a bunch!
James

NX 8.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am using the master model drawing concept, and the reference set was it! I had it set to Model instead of Entire Part. I can select the point now without any problems. Thanks so much for your help!

-James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back