Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unknown Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhine

Mechanical
Apr 17, 2003
US
I keep getting this error message when I open assemblies or try to insert new parts into assemblies. Can anyone please help in identifying what the problem may be?

AN UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURED WHILE ACCESING ###.sldprt

Then this message:

UNABLE TO ACCESS FILE

Dale Rhinehart

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't get a hold of him, he is always in class. Seems like every freaking time I have a question are a problem he is in class. It is ridiculous of you ask me...

Anyway thats another issue... It is not just one part it is several parts. One of which is a new part I just created a few hours ago. Is there a possiblity it could be a memory issue? I don't know I am just asking.. I have 1G of ram, so it should be ok.

Now here is the kicker, it doesn't do it all the time. And it doesn't do it in all assemblies. Example another assembly with the same parts.

It is just frustrating sometimes is all. And this stuff seems to only happen when you have a deadline imposed on you.

Thanks for the help,

Dale

Are you working on a network or a stand alone computer? If something has changed with your network settings (like IT Dept "experimenting") this may be the culprit.

Have you tried to open the "bad" part files first, then open the assembly that they are meant to go into? I seem to remember that I had a similar problem with a file once, and I couldn't open th epart if the assembly was already open.

MadMango
"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Yes Mango it is on a network drive I am working off of... I will check with IT and see if they are doing anything that would make it flaky.

Thanks,

Dale

In the meantime, try copying the suspect files to local drive and see if they open. that should help determine if it is network problem or corrupt files.

[bat]All this machinery making modern music can still be open-hearted.[bat]

Actually today is a network problem, the system has totally crashed. So quite possibly they have been experiencing trouble with it the past week or so. Everything here is down, the SW server, print servers the whole deal. Sorry to bother you guys with this, but at the time I was the only one having difficulties now it has spread over the whole department.

Thank you all for you quick response to this question.

Dale

... and I would consider switching VAR's..... At least complain and let SW know about their (lack of) performance.

3/4 of all the Spam produced goes to Hawaii - shame that's not true of SPAM also.......

drhine,

I agree with JNR you should switch and complain to SW!

All I do is SW Tech Support. We have AE's for the teaching and demo's. You need a support representative when you need him. If he's on another call that's different leave a message but teaching classes - that's and all day job, along with trying to return everyone else's calls at the end of the day. You can't tell me your the only person that calls him.

That's crazy!

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP[wiggle][alien]
3DVision Technologies
faq731-376
When in doubt, always check the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back