Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unpack Partslist on drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormyb

Mechanical
Jun 11, 2010
NL
Application: Drafting
NX11 / TC11

Is it possible to show different callouts of the same parts which are packed in a partslist?

For example: there are 3 electrical identical parts in an assembly. Only the code is different (callout or ItemID). You can change the itemID / callout per Item. In the partslist they get automatically packed and the callout is showing: [...]
So on the drawing the callout for all three parts is also showing: [...] and not the value which was entered.

tia
with kind regards Boris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Change your callout for each component in your assembly attributes. You can assign a different callout for same part number components. You may have to unpack these parts in your assembly navigator to select each component individually to change the callout. In your attributes you can also change your view to from traditional to bulk edit which may help you also.

That part I know the way of working.
My question is: Is it possible to show different callouts of the same parts which are packed in a partslist?

The behavior of the partslist is different to the behavior of the assembly navigator.
Meanwhile I found a solution, I think.
In the setting menu of the column "callout" check "key field"
same Items with a different Callout are separated rows in a partslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back