Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wave associativity manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserk

Automotive
Jan 23, 2003
CA
Hello,

Using UGNX3, I have an asm and the top drawing has a "!"
on top meaning a wave link is not updated. There are no wave link in the drawing file. I checked the file just below the drawing and it too does not have any wave geometry link.

Why does it shows that I have links that are not updated?
I am trying to make the files pass GM checkmate and this is the only error I am getting. Only on the top asm file (drawing). I dont have a license for WAVE ASSOCIATIVITY MANAGER.

ERROR:
There are 1 Out Of Date objects
> For more information please run WAVE ASSOCIATIVITY MANAGER !

Checker Parameters
Disabled? = FALSE
Save Log in Part = TRUE

Productive Design Services

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The ! just means that something is out of date, not necessarily associated with WAVE. I assume the error that you got is something that GM checkmate generated and didn't know any better.

If you can close the part using the ANT, and then reopen it back up, the updated version should come up.

I really don't know anything about GM checkmate but this is my best guess.

This may mean that a lower level part has a link to it. Something may have changed in a part somewhere down the line. You will have to make that part the work part and update the link. then write it. This may rev your part how ever.

hi all,

this exclamation mark is appeared on the title field, if the assembly is contained circular dependency? Or the '!' only shown the not updated state?

Best Regards,
Rudolf JONAS
Mechanical Engineer
Hungary

Rudolf it is likely it means something is just out of date. If the drawing is out of date it says so in the bottom corner. I don't think that it is simply a pending update that causes the ! to appear, maybe there is something else wrong with the data structure it could be a circular dependency but that is only one possibility. I haven't quickly been able to duplicate the problem so I can't say for sure.

GM checkmate will do that to you on occasion I think there are diagnostic panels that you can click on to have it help you to track down the problems. Again I don't have it running at the moment so I can't check, but I know that wave linking associativity inside teamcenter creates some additional interdependencies within the database that can be painful to address if things go astray.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back