Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

way too hard to process the water for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivymike

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2000
US

Portland officials say a 21-year-old man admitted urinating in a Mt. Tabor reservoir early Wednesday, forcing the city to take a key water supply off line.

David Shaff, administrator for the Water Bureau, said about 7.8 million gallons of drinking water will be discarded because of the incident.

"Do you want to drink pee?" he asked bluntly. "Answer the question. It has nothing to do with scientifically. "Most people," he added, "are gonna be pretty damn squeamish about that."

-- but fish poo, that's another matter.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

perhaps indicative of a cultural difference:
Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces
Professor Ikeda understands the psychological barriers that need to be surmounted knowing that your food is made from human feces. They hope that once the research is complete, people will be able to overlook that ugly detail in favor of perks like environmental responsibility, cost and the fact that the meat will have fewer calories.

-- I predict the product will not succeed in the US, and particularly not in Oregon (see above)

"I don't drink water. Fish f*ck in it." W.C.Fields

At home I drink fresh spring water, pumped back uphill from a spring located some distance downhill from the septic drain field.

Given the average quality of food in the US, and perhaps soon in Germany, I'm not so sure it hasn't.

Let your acquaintances be many, but your advisors one in a thousand’ ... Book of Ecclesiasticus

Always a good thread that includes a monty python quote! Go the three australian philosophers Bruce, Bruce and Bruce.

Anyhow, those people should not come over to europe, many of the public water supplies come form the major rivers. The closer you are to the sea the more human beings it has been through before it gets to you.

As others have said there are much worse nasties out there and it would be a real worry if it was not even good enough for a bit of urine.

Part of the reason why beer and wine became popular in the middle ages was because the alcohol killed the germs in the very poor water supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back