Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weight calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinSweden

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2009
SE
Hi!

Running NX 5.0.5.3 and TC 2005we are currently using the method of adding the casting to an "assembly", Wave-Link the casting body to the “assembly” and perform the machining in that same "assembly"

However we have problems with the weight calculation on the machined part. It adds the weight of the casting body to the weight of the machined part. So if the casting has a weight of 10kg and the machined casting a weight of 8kg the weight adds up to 18kg instead of the expected 8kg.

We have the advanced weight management license and I have tried creating a specific Ref.Set called "Weight" were only the machined body is selected but it still does not work.

The only way I have obtained a correct weight is by suppressing the casting but this seems to be such a drastic way to do it.

Any ideas anyone?

Best Regards

Martin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hej Petter!

Thanx for the thread, could not find it by myself (an still can't).

Suppression seems to be the way to go, but I can't shake of the weird feeling that with all the functions that is within "Advanced Weight Management" there should be a smoother way. Machining on castings could not be so uncommon and that NX can't seem to deal with it in a smart way is weird.

Best Regard

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back