Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Wind Powered Ships 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

West coast of Canada so not that cold. I'd say you should have a clue about something before posting stupidity about it, but you've proven beyond a doubt you don't care about actual knowledge.

Play nice, gentlemen (binary term for PC).

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

ya... like -60. I'm not sure if F or C, but they are pretty close; the scales converge at -40.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

TugboatEng said:
Lionel, airplanes operate at high altitude where the air is very cold regardless of location.

..... it's not -60 inside the plane

You're taking a very simplistic path of thought here - 'battery cold, battery no work'

It would be -60 inside most commercial airplanes if it wasn't for bleed air from the turbine engines. Something that would be absent on an electric plane.

Stowaways in the landing gear compartment typically freeze to death.

I thought the discussion was the environment the plane was flying in... if not, please accept my apologies. I would have thought the storage environment would still be cool. [ponder]

-----*****-----

-Dik

Yes, the environment a deHavilland DHC-2 Beaver operates in. If you're still clueless why it won't be -60*C due to altitude then why are you still commenting about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back