Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

An unknown message has been encountered! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahsaa

Bioengineer
Jun 7, 2012
Hi,
Whenever I want to get XY pressure data from a node through unique nodal, A message is shown that is "An unknown message has been encountered. This may have occurred because you did not switch into the appropriate module before running a macro or script. For more details, refer to the replay file", and then the abaqus was closed automatically.
Could any body let me know what shall I do to solve this problem?
Thanks
-Mahsa Ghaffari

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi IceBreakerSours,
Many thanks for your response. In fact the problem is with the graphic of my PC. and I could solve it change ATI driver. BTW, I really appreciate your help :)
If you let me I'd like to ask you some questions about getting result. I'm looking for the way that abaqus create strain field not the counter of von-mises stress. and do you know any way to find the location and amplitude of maximum deformation in each frame?
Thanks
-Mahsa

Dear IceBreakerSours,
Many thanks for your help in this forum.
I found that in order to limit such jumps in pressure and get accurate result, I must add damping features to my model, in which the stiffness matrix multipler is assumed 0.001. When I add this value to the model. The runnig time, increase rapidly, even more than 48h to solve a 2D model. Do you know what can I do to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance,
Mahsa Ghaffari

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4b5e82c4-4851-4f91-8f54-8e9f9e7b42eb&file=Zoghi_input_force.cae
I am not as comfortable with Explicit as I am with Standard. So, please take this with a nice helping of salt. Also, I can't run the model and look at other files for now but I have noticed some areas of concern.

1. That high a Poisson's ratio can be problematic in many ways. A quick first try to isolate issues would be to see if a smaller ratio works without issues. Also, if they are available in Explicit, you might want to look into full integration or quadratic elements.

2. If you are loading the head/brain at this high a rate, will viscoelastic effects be relevant anymore? Wouldn't the tissues act more like elastic bodies? I am not sure but experimental data can provide you with some indicators.

3. You are requesting output only at some specific intervals. Could aliasing be causing this? See if requesting output at all increments helps at all. Or, perhaps, filtering is what you might really need. See the "circuit board drop test" example in the Abaqus Getting Started: Interactive Edition manual.

4. How relevant is a concentrated point load?

5. If not used properly, damping may cause errors in the solution. See the example mentioned in #3 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back