Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Bond constraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjccmc

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2012
US
I used this one recently but it did not behave as expected. I "bonded" a nut and washer to a bolt which was constrained to a hole in another component. When I changed arrangements the bolt moved with the part to which it was constrained but the nut and washer stayed in original position. The bond constraint is "shared" on both arrangements so it seems set up properly. Any ideas on why this is not working properly?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of NX are you using? It works for me, but I know I'm using at different version of NX than what you using so let me know and I'll test this using the same version that you're using.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I have the same problem in NX8.
I have a long arm of multiple parts, which are moved by hydraulic cylinders. Near the cylinders there are some hydraulic hose couplings floating in the air, just to make the bom list complete.
I have bond the hydraulic hose couplings to the arm, but the couplings are not moving with the arm in other arrangements.

Using NX 8.0 and Teamcenter 8 on Windows 7 (64)

Did you look at my example? Does it work on your system?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

For me problems happen with large assy files with lots of parts and constraints. Even when I check carefully to make sure it is not over constrained still bond does not work reliably. I can get it to work in simple demo files with just a few parts. I showed this to our on-site NX guru and he is also baffled.

Then you need to follow-up with GTAC and have them look at your examples.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back