Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Cap plate for Pipe - How can release moments? 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

X4vier

Civil/Environmental
Feb 24, 2018
CO
Cap plate for Pipe - How can release moments?
Typical cap plates for pipes will have bolts around the pipe, is there a way to release moments in that type of cap plate?
fig-1-e1589488474461_jm1p7r.png

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SE2607 - I think we're doing a good job of keeping the spirit of this thread alive - arguing while agreeing!

My response was in a more general sense. For most of us, we can't separate business and engineering...which is what it sounds like you're saying. We have to do both at the same time while still understanding the difference. Tight ropes are fun!

About the tightrope, I knew an engineer who followed every part of the codes, even the onerous bits. He was the best engineer I ever met (he studied codes for "fun") but also one of the worst businessmen. Nobody wanted to work with him because everything had to be 100% correct engineering-wise when he was involved.

milkshakelake said:
About the tightrope, I knew an engineer who followed every part of the codes, even the onerous bits. He was the best engineer I ever met (he studied codes for "fun") but also one of the worst businessmen. Nobody wanted to work with him because everything had to be 100% correct engineering-wise when he was involved.

Sounds like me! I once had an engineer who didn't even show up one day. Quit without notice! Now, I have the ideal staff! :)

milkshakelake said:

He needed to have learned "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good enough." Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back