Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distortion of elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahildershavn

Mechanical
Nov 27, 2015
NO
Hello,

I have a three point roll bending process where I am struggling with high distortion of some elements. The workpiece is moving from left to right in the image below. THe friction factor is 0 and the rollers are all discrete rigid. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? It seems to me that some nodes get caught on the wrong side of the edge of the roller it is entering. In the simulation, the rollers are encastred and do not rotate. The workpiece/profile is rather pushed through. This may cause some issues I am aware, but adding friction to let the rollers pull the workpiece throuhg could introduce new issues with high shear forces etc.

This does of course not happen in real experiments, but the issue should nonetheless be adressed here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Untitled_sq3ty8.jpg

Untitled2_g9hglp.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi ahildershavn
Can you ask to the below questions ?
1) Are you sure your Property are correct (I mean all Units are in a on system, for example SI) ? For more Information, See Below Attachment.
2) Did you define Plasticity, Hardening and ... ?
3) What is your Step and how much is that ?
4) What is your "Contact property" (in Interaction module) ?
5) What is your Element Library ?
6) Can you write Warning and Status File (In Job module) ?
Attachment File:
Link
With Best Regards.
yassou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back