Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Educated Opinions on Climate change - a denouement or a hoax? 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be safe to assume that all 10,000 barrels aren't concentrated in one local area too?

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

True but it still ends up on land but you don't hear people screaming about it.

Cranky's suggestion of making all building heat run off of natural gas isn't going to make much of a difference. You still have to drill for NG and I'm not sure how many buildings still run off of heating oil but I would guess that it's pretty low.

Some have previously suggested reserving most fluid fossil fuels for vehicle applications and use solid fossil fuels or alternatives for most static power generation applications. Ground vehicles at least can be made to run tolerably well on various types of compressed or liquefied NG or NG products.

Now I'm not sure they were thinking of stand by generators or building heating where using NG may still have some merit.

Still, seems like a reasonable idea to me.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

Does anyone have information on mixing wood chips with coal for power production?

They are proposing it here, although they are planning to use a different method than they did a few years ago.
I believe they want to replace the coal in one burner with saw dust, versis the throwing the wood chips in with the lump coal.

It diden't work before because the wood chips stuck to the balls in the ball mill. Plugged it up good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back