Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linked body not created on work layer, always layer 1 in NX6

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfv8

Automotive
Apr 14, 2009
GB
Hi all,

Following my company's migration from NX4 to NX 6.0.2.8 I have a conundrum whereby I have a component part on say layer 1, but I wish to create a linked body of the same to layer 200, which is my work layer. The resultant linked body is always created on layer 1 in NX6, but I seem to remember that in NX4 the linked body is applied to any work layer that is current. Is there a setting I'm missing that can emulate what I had in NX4?

It's a bit of a pain to have to go through the Format > Move to layer menu selections.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi everyone,

Okay, so I've been able to apply the above fix using Modelling Preferences, but is there a setting under Customer Preferences that will do the same? Currently, every time I create a new session or re-open an old one the setting reverts back to the original out of the box setting of Extracted and Linked Geometry from Parent Object. I'd like to permanently set the option to Part Default.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back