maintaining objectivism (when all about are losing their's) ... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1957

Aerospace
Apr 15, 2005
CA
i found this an interesting read ...

i liked the way he illuminated the alarmist claims and hyperbole on both sides of the issue and stayed with the "facts". What I took from the article was ...
1) there was no ozone hole (but a naturally occurring thinning) and there was no threat of increased skin cancers,
2) CFCs do add atomic Chlorine to the upper stratosphere (which doesn't sound like a good thing), and
3) the economic disaster predicted by the CFC manufacturers didn't happen.

i think there's a similar story playing out with the climate change debate. I think it is irrelevent that the climate hasn't warmed or cooled significantly over the last decade ... the timescale is too short for any change to be relevent.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The dictonary meanings don't seem so bad. Progressive refers to the progressive movement of the early 1900's. Liberal refers, today, to the left leaning side of the political spectrum. So what's the big deal about being call those names?

Is that any different than being called a right wing extreamist? Which I also object to because it is an untrue, in my case, description of my political views.

I truely don't care about your political views (to be honest). However I do care that the president has stooped to the level of a child in name calling to ram an agenda down our shorts with which we the people have little say. The ends don't justify the means.

An honestly debated subject dosen't need any name calling.

All the ones back to Harry S Truman, a "police" action in Korea, and deployment of 4 divisions to NATO w/out Congressional approval. That's why I think Mayor McCheese and the Hamburglar would be the best candidates-tough on crime, easy on flatulence.

So writing in Micky Mouse hasen't been working? Must be better than the last several bafoons we have had. Hell maybe my vote wasen't even counted, or I was out voted by dead people.

Two sides of the same coin... Independents with fresh approaches are not permitted to participate in the debates, where many
(if not most) of the electorate learn about the candidates. Even then, the promises made in those debates aren't worth the paper (electrons?) that they are written on. Our current "leader" is a prime example. For example. exactly who is going to sit down and sign the peace agreement to stop this perpetual war in which we find ourselves?

“Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
-Dalai Lama XIV

Which war?
The over seas contengency, ideas, swine flu, race, affuence, or insects? None of which there is there an identifed party to sit down with. I guess they can make up some leader, and sit down with him (or her), but that won't end the conflect. It will only percipate a transfer of money (extortion).

Maybe we should forget the army, and send in the IRS.

You're correct in that there do seen to be many wars going on... I was refering to the perpetual war on a nebulous term, definition of which changes as required, was never voted on by congress, but is effectively making the constitution a quaint thing of the past. But hey! At least we (think we) are safer!

-Dalai Lama XIV

In regards to climate change, perhaps. Sorry about that.
In regard to objectivity, not so much.

-Dalai Lama XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back