Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Node set not connected to any elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpliu

Civil/Environmental
Apr 1, 2005
US
I built a model, after submitting the job, I got a Warning,
WARNING: NODE SET ASSEMBLY_OUT-1 HAS NO MEMBERS AND WILL BE IGNORED. NODES DEFINED IN THIS SET MAY HAVE BEEN DELETED BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CONNECTED TO ANY ELEMENTS.

and got an Error at last,
ERROR: NODE SET ASSEMBLY_OUT-1 HAS NOT BEEN DEFINED

I'm using REFERENCE POINT of a node after meshing as NODE SET. What's the reason?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have the same problem - have you solved it? Are you using an analytical rigid? I think it might be the problem having another referencpoint in the assembly on a rigid, rather than on a normal body. But this is just a thought...

Does anyone know?

You've probably created a node set at some time and then changed the model so that the geometry no longer exists. Go back into CAE and edit/delete all your node sets and surfaces etc. to make sure they are still valid.

corus

@corus,

thank you for the reply - unfortunately it's not an undefined node set. I think in my case it is the problem, that I defined several reference nodes on an analytical body in the assembly, and due to the fact that an analytical rigid does not contain elements, it is giving me the failure message.

I now tried a discrete rigid, which I have to run on the server, and then let you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back