Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nx11, Save border bars/Role to another computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisbruce

Mechanical
Oct 14, 2013
US
I am looking to duplicate the Ribbon/border bars/role to another computer. In Nx9.5 I would copy the user.mtx to the new computer and the toolbars would duplicate. I tried this on Nx11 and it does not work. Little Help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In NX9 we always saved our role to a folder we can reach from any computer in our company. Then load it at the new computer.

In NX11 it seems to work the same way except you have to load it in the User Interface now. CNTRL+2

Thats all I personally know of it. If that isnt it, hopefully one of the experts here can help you.

dennisbruce,

The above works. You don't have to put the source .mtx file in the user directory, as you will have to restart NX for it to be applied. Just load it from Menu -> Preferences -> User Interface -> Roles (on left side) then click the Load Role icon on the right, and browse to where you saved the source .mtx file you wish to load.

Make sure you have Save Layout at Exit toggled ON (checked) under the Layout setting of this same dialog.

Once all that takes, the target computer should now have the exact same interface layout and icons, etc. that the source had. If the user wishes to change around the icons to their preferences, I recommend they save a new role (new .mtx file) to a folder which they can easily access.

Upon exiting NX, the user's .mtx file should be updated in the User Directory.

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 11.0.1.11 MP4
Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back