Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX4 drafting selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTI18T

Industrial
May 12, 2003
US
I am looking for a solution with an annoyance in NX4. Selection defaults in drafting are driving me crazy. It seems that the selection intent favors the selection on the component in drafting so every time the cursor is on a component it highlights the component. If it is a complex part it can take several seconds to highlight the part and it slows everything down. I have found a work around by using "detailed selection" and unselecting "component" but this has to be done every time I enter drafting. In previous versions there was a better selection intent toolbar that you could toggle so that component would not slect but it seems to be missing in NX4 or at least hidden well. Anyone else have a solution?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Click on the Selection Type Filter icon (looks like a target crosshair and a golf tee) and change from "Entire Assembly" to "Within Work Part Only"

It may, but the annoying thing is the fact that the component still highlights causing a delay and slowing me down.

Hi, the only way I find is the folowing :
Go to preference/selection and disable preview selection and also quick pick on delay.

The problem is there is it become impossible to see what your are selecting. you have to trust that the mouse is at the right place when you selecting something.
anyway I only use it when i´m workink on heavy parts and after some time it become realy easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back