Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX5, manufacturing, In process workpiece 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydenn

Mechanical
Jan 13, 2005
CA
Hi there,

Once you save an in process workpiece of an operation... Is there a way to delete the in process workpiece?

Thanks,
Jay

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sure, I'll try to clarify.

When you run the "2D verify" on your NC program, you have the option to "save in process workpiece(IPW)".
This workpiece can then be used for other operations further down the tree.

Now, unless you change some of the IPW settings, this IPW will simply become part of your database, and it makes your file HUGE.

Ok, so, once you save an IPW, and your database has become HUGE... Is there a way to reverse this? delete the IPW.

Remember, the IPW is not a component...it's not a body...It's totally unavailable to select or to view...It's simply stored as data in your file. Can I get rid of the data and bring my file size back to original?

JAY

I think you just need to regenerate your ops and save. When using 'Create IPW' in 2d Verify, NX creates an IPW for each selected operation and won't clear it out until you regenerate the ops.

Jay,

Are you only using the ipw as a visual reference for downstream ops? Then yes, just delete it. That said, Many of us use saved ipw's for down stream cavity mill ops that require said stock. In those cases, if you delete the ipw, cavitymill has no stock.

A better way for me is I like to use the "save to new part file" option. That way I can view it in as an assembly with little overhead to the main programming file. It also allows me to open a new part file for additional programming with the stock from the previous setup.

--
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back