Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 Drafting - Internal error: memory access violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singsonite

Automotive
May 5, 2011
US
NX 6.0.3.6
Windows 7 Professional - 64bit
8GB RAM

I keep running into the same problem when I enter drafting. The Drafting Sheet dialog displays, I make my selections, and hit OK/Apply. The result is "Internal error: memory access violation".

It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen more often then not. I checked the NX Log File and found the following information.

*** EXCEPTION: O/S ERROR: signal 11 in line 1686 of O:\ugnx603\ip6\src\syss\error\ind\error.cxx at Tue May 24 20:10:53 2011 Eastern Daylight Time
+++ General Fault Exception
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "O:\ugnx603\ip6\drv\part\no\ind\ja_builder_jam.cxx" at line number 107
>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file "O:\ugnx603\ip6\src\uifw\no\ind\uifw_definitions.c" at line number 1815
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2, Internal error: memory access violation
&MACRO EVENT FOCUS_IN 0 0, 7602176, 1, 0, 0! 3rd Angle Projection
&MACRO ASK_ITEM 7602176 (1 RADI 0) = 1 ! 3rd Angle Projection
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MENU, 0, UG_HELP_SYSTEM_LOG UG_GATEWAY_MAIN_MENUBAR !

I have to wonder if I'm missing an environmental variable or a definition setting that would fix this. If anybody could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John B. Conger
Tool Design
Automotive Interiors
Advanced Engineering Solutions Inc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try updating to the latest version of NX6. NX6.0.3.6 is an older release of NX6 and there have been 2 Maintenance Releases as well a numerous smaller maintenance packs since then.

I would recommend updating to the NX6.0.5.3 MR and see if that fixes it first.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.2.5, Beta NX8.0.0.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back