Work / Life Balance 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterso2

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2006
US
Hello,
I am a 25 yr old Engineer with a Bachelors employed for 4 years so far. The company I work for is decent, but I don't find the work all that interesting and I'm basically stuck doing the same thing for the next 10 years +. I am still living in my parents basement - although I do pay them rent it is not much.

My life outside of work is in bad shape right now. I've got two real friends I hang out with. One has a degree and one doesnt. I do not know any females - the ones I used to know have all disappeared along with other friends to different states. Right now the weeks keep churning and all I do is go to work and the gym and sleep. How can this be changed? Is life really this dull outside of work until retirement?
Now its not all doom and gloom I'm sure I've got it better than a LOT of people in life but its still frustrating and depressing most of the time. Any reccomendations?

Thank You.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like a character.

One thing I learnt is that most women cannot tell the different between arrogance/indifference and confidence. This is why the arrogant ones get all the girls.

"3) Open yourself to opportunities. There is NO LUCK, only the chance to maximize events to your advantage.

6) Don't watch the rabid talk shows, no matter what your political leanings are. Don't watch ANY "reality shows". This is important.

7) Lower your expectations. Life is NOT for our entertainment. It's a bitch, sometimes. "

Excellent Advice!

This thread reminds me of the following joke (pls no red flags...)

A guy runs into a buddy of his at a singles convention, and asks him:

How's it going?

Other guy replies:

I'm holding my own.

tg

This is getting outta "hand" but...............

The chorus from Jackson Browne's "Rosie" ( "Runnin' on Empty" 1975)

"Rosie you’re all right, -- you wear my ring.
When you hold me tight, -- Rosie that’s my thing.
When you turn out the light -- I’ve got to hand it to me....
Looks like it’s me and you again tonight,.... Rosie"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back