thread815-485535
thread815-485637
thread815-485844
thread815-486084
thread815-486593
thread815-487022
thread815-488247
thread815-489644

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't know why you bothered to link to him he's an unhinged narcissist. He bashes everyone. He thinks he's the only person with any knowledge on the subject, and he bashed Allyn Killscheimer, he bashed NIST, bashed Dawn Lehman, He bashed Josh, he bashed me, and he lied and told people on several videos I'm a tool salesman. He falsely accuses everyone of stealing his ideas, yet all he does is comment on my videos and Josh's videos and bashes everyone. He knows more than the top ex[erts in the field.

Jeff Ostroff said:
Don't know why you bothered to link to him

I completely understand that a lot of his comments are offensive and that is regrettable. But he does make some valid and important observations that should not be dismissed.

Are the images below a possible explanation for the apparent vertical offset at the planter?

Far view of planter:
Outside-planter-far_awvq2d.png

Near view of planter:
Outside-planter-near_gec5pp.png

Inside view of planter:
Inside-planter_e3bjr8.png

If you look closely at the gap you can see two branches emerging. Both have been torn off, the top one appears to have scrunched the paint up as it was broken off.
branches-through-gap_a4xgww.png

IanCA I appreciate you providing the link to Kai's video. I must say it is one of the easier ones to watch, and does contain logical conclusions from the evidence pictured.

I also stumbled upon the one where he gives you some perspective on how connected Michael and Cassie Stratton are to the White House, and casued me to duck duck go Michael Stratton. I will provide a quote from Michael Stratton's web site, and a link to it.

I leave it to the reader to come to their own conclusions as to whether this person's connections had anything to do with the large settlement for the individuals that lost their lives in the collapse. 'Quit quo pro' as they say.

Kai's message also could explain why NIST jumped in and took over the investigation, and that a Billion Dollar Settlement is reached on an unproved theory. I will also include an article from ENRsoutheast.

First a quote form Michael Statton's Web Site, and link:

"Distinguished Democratic strategist. Decades of on-the-ground campaign experience across the United States. Trusted confidant of business leaders and policymakers."

"Mike Stratton draws on his 50 years of frontline experience in Democratic politics managing campaigns and serving in senior government positions to shepherd clients through multijurisdictional policy issues. He served in top positions for 10 presidential campaigns, worked in the U.S. Senate, and served as an appointee in the Carter and Clinton administrations. Now, he offers clients keen insight into the interplay between federal, state and local policy arenas and advocates before all levels of government to advance industry objectives.

Trusted by mayors, attorneys general, governors and federal policymakers, Mike understands how to activate grassroots and grasstops organizations to achieve his clients’ business goals. He provides critical deal-specific consultations for domestic and international clients, negotiating sophisticated business deals, peace initiatives and foreign policy issues.

A leading voice in the hierarchy of the Democratic Party, Mike develops and executes strategies to achieve electoral victories for Democrats across the country. He has served as a member of the Democratic National Committee, and most recently, was reappointed by the Biden campaign.

A native of Durango, Colorado, Mike played an integral role in the successful campaigns of Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO) and former Gov. John Hickenlooper (D-CO). He is active in state politics across the country and is considered the dean of advisors to the Democratic Governors Association and the Democratic Attorneys General Association."

Next the ENRsoutheast article:

Edit: I think IanCA has identified that roots may have played a role in the separated planter corner, and perhaps that area had been trouble before and roots were cut back and it skimmed over and finally let go. I did see in some of Kai's video's where it clearly looks like the planters on both sides of the parking deck/patio gate were already sagging.

I would also like to note Kai talks about torque on two way slab created by columns that are offset and NOT aligned, and point out that the worst area in between K13.1(under East Planter wall) and K15 (parking deck west side of planters).

He cites ACI recommendations on column offsets and says design is not complaint even in 1979. I think SFC has a copy of those docuuments and could possible comment on that or provide confirmation of Kai's statements about allowable offset angles between columns on 2 way slab.

Edit: Link to some available Kai video's

Screen_Shot_2022-05-22_at_11.10.55_AM_h68iig.png

Are the images below a possible explanation for the apparent vertical offset at the planter?
2IanCA (Mechanical)22 May 22 05:08

Yes, and an example of how only certain information leaks to control the narrative. So is this another Red Herrin Leak?
So per IanCA's graphic, the roots are raising one side of planter wall, while displacing East the other side.

thermobaric (Military)22 May 22 15:10 said:
Quote:
2IanCA (Mechanical)22 May 22 05:08

So per IanCA's graphic, the roots are raising one side of planter wall, while displacing East the other side.
I don't see anything about roots in IanCA's graphic?
The red ovals have been IDed as elastomer, possibly from a previous repair.

Thanks the link worked

SFCharlie said:
I don't see anything about roots in IanCA's graphic?
The red ovals have been IDed as elastomer, possibly from a previous repair.
Thanks for your feedback SFCharlie. I will add further notes to the graphic.

I feel confident that the longer red oval contains a root or branch. It doesn't connect to other areas of elastomer, it has a different color, it has an outline suggesting fibers and less flexibility, and it extends from the crack, not the surface.

I did speculate about the contents of the upper red circle I cannot really see that clearly but I see the paint was scrunched up. That was possibly done by the object in the lower circle which sprang back down after being pulled up and broken off?

On column 76, note that the column/slab connecting rebar is oriented in a north/south direction as opposed to coming off the corners at a 45° angle. It seems to be unique to column 76 although I haven't looked closely at all of the other columns yet. I'm not sure what, if any, weakness this may have introduced to the structure locally or on a broader scale but it's hard to ignore that things were going wrong at this connection prior to collapse.

Column_76_anomaly_e77bql.jpg

Sym P le said:
On column 76, note that the column/slab connecting rebar is oriented in a north/south direction as opposed to coming off the corners at a 45° angle. It seems to be unique to column 76 although I haven't looked closely at all of the other columns yet. I'm not sure what, if any, weakness this may have introduced to the structure locally or on a broader scale but it's hard to ignore that things were going wrong at this connection prior to collapse.

To me in the photo, I see a bias in the South Side rebar to the West (towards parking deck), but mostly a straight down drop it appears

It's not about the rebar pointing down, it's about the compass direction, which should be off the corners at 45°. The falling slab would not (and didn't at any other column) reorient the direction of the installation. It would be a stretch to suggest that the rebar became twisted during the collapse. Nonetheless, it's a question of what if any weakness this introduced to the structure.

The problem with rebar installation is that no one cares how good a job you did until the structure falls down and all of your crappy work is exposed for the world to see.

In the photo posted by Sym P. le (Mechanical) 17 May 22 01:30, we can see the joint after it was picked apart, and behind that, what it was like before it was picked apart. there may be small roots in the joint, but roots can't explain the large displacement including in the deck.
Please review my diagram at SFCharlie (Computer) [highlight #FCE94F]19 May 22 14:33[/highlight]. Thanks

SF Charlie
Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies

IanCA (Mechanical) said:

You make a good case. This might be an example of people seeing what they are most predisposed to see. Confirmation bias. Those darn photos. An engineer looked at the actual site and said it was roots. Why is it so easy just to dismiss that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back