Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pipe Flow from resovior to machining center 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmENGR

Mechanical
Apr 1, 2011
US
Hi all,

I want to acheive a velocity of 28-32m/sec on our coolant lines to our grinding centers. We have a resovior(transor system) that pumps fluid to our grinding centers.

We performed a 'bucket test' yesterday to determine the liters/minute which is the volumetric flow rate of our oil. How can i figure out the velocity of the oil. I want it to be between 28-32m/sec.

We will pour the contents into a large measuring bucket to determine how many liters we have aquired. We filled up the bucket for one minute.

We are having our transor system re-engineered so that each machine will be able to be controlled by one pump. Right now Machine 1 and 2 flow rates are much greater than machine 3 because it is not connected to the transor system.

If you have any additional questions i can try to provide them.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

28-32m/sec came from our parent company. They are european and design and modify alot of their machines for our business. Yes, i agree it will be alot of fluid spraying at the grinding site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back