Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prematurely failed on some elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

akadet

Geotechnical
Jul 4, 2006
US
Hi

I am wondering if anybody knows that what kind of command in the input file would make abaqus proceed further,eventhough some of the elements prematurely failed during analysis or any commands that could specificly ignore those elements.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi
have you defined any failure initiation criteria?or is that an error that you get during solution?
if it is an error that you get during analysis you should review your model again.it could be from material model,time period or contact.If you could n't find the problem i would suggest to model it once again from beginning.

Hi akadet,

What do you mean by prematurely failure of elements ? It would be good if you describe your simulations.
As far as I know if the failure that you get is related to the convergence problem then you mau try to explore the control option to 'change' the criteria of the convergence. But you may not get accurate result at all; which somehow you would not like it.

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back