Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

We're all Millionaires, apparently 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManifestDestiny

Automotive
Feb 1, 2011
AU
Interesting results from a survey thats been doing the rounds in the last few weeks. Spears magazine, which is supposed to be a readers digest of sorts for the wealthy man on the go, has assessed millionaires worldwide to reveal what were the most popular degree's. Low and behold, engineering tops the list for the most popular degree held by millionaires, followed by our wonderful MBA chums at second. Curiously, accounting, commerce and finance were much further down the list. Clearly, most engineering millionaires didn't get there by working as engineers but as entrepreneurs and business leaders, and the article points that out.

I still think its a good result though, seeing how few engineering graduates there are to the other professions. Is there something to the engineering mind that lends itself to further success in business and entrepreneurship? Probably, although I think the first problem those millionaires solved to make their wealth was not to work as an engineer for someone else. I just assumed that when you graduate from 4 years of the hell everything else seems pretty easy.

Feel free to post pictures of your Ferrari/Lamborghini below

Sam
Brisbane, Australia

Young Engineer. American old west enthusiast

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Chap on the radio this morning was describing why he still worked, even though he'd scooped £2+M in some lottery (lottery winnings are tax free here, so you just get a massive wedge shoved into your bank account). He reckoned he could not bother working for 20 years. But then he'd need to find a job aged 48, with a 20 year hole in his work history.

- Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back