thread815-445840: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 1]
thread815-450258: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 2]
thread815-452000: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 3]
thread815-454283: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 4]
thread815-457125: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 5]
thread815-461989: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 6]
thread815-466401: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 7]
thread815-473001: Boeing 737 Max8 Aircraft Crashes and Investigations [Part 8]

Looks like Boeing is still having fun...

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I know... a bit back, I had a helluva time getting a decent graphics card.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

I think this is to do with using a none compliant method and equipment to torque bolts and nuts up.

The part that has been fitted is deemed unknown afterwards and needs replaced.

So the money is going to be removed from the aviation and aviation safety sectors and diverted where? I would like to see the fine earmarked for the FAA to help give them manpower to spot these errors in the future. Alas, it's probably just going to lawyers.

It's a failed system, Tug... the government no longer wants to get involved 'doing the right thing' and they're moving away from that in most areas.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

See all the departments that have their budgets cut so they can't actually do their jobs, including the FAA.

That's true everywhere in the government, which is why they subcontracted the inspections to Boeing. Many of the DoD's premier R&D labs have had their SME's cut back to the point where companies like SAIC have been the go-to subcontractors for decades for supplying SMEs to the DoD to provide technical oversight of procurement contracts.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Whatever money FCC got from the auction is probably long gone, given that it's common practice in most organizations to "sweep" up excess monies near the end of a fiscal year; the proverbial "use it or lose it" means that excess money is returned to the federal general budget.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Interesting article from Mr Gates about internal conflicts of opinion internally in the FAA.

Not about the 737 as such though.

Traffic collision and avoidance system is utterly superb. It rarely triggers in my experience but when it does you listen to it and it works.

This side of the pond we do also get to defer it on the Minimum equipment list (MEL) but some countries notably Germany basically have reduced it so the aircraft can finish the days flying and get back to maint base.

I sort of agree with the Flight ops inspector that the current time to rectify is way to long. But I do think you should be able to complete a rotation and get the plane to somewhere to get fixed.

Just because one aircrafts TCAS isn't working doesn't mean the big picture system is completely gone the other aircraft your sharing the airspace with with fully working systems will trigger an avoidance action by those aircraft and know that the other aircraft won't play with combined avoidance manoeuvrer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back