thread1618-497017
thread1618-497239
thread1618-497988
thread1618-498967
thread1618-501135
thread1618-504850
thread1618-506948

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry Tug, but I would suggest that
Clipboard01_pvdgth.png

and the degree in geophysics could very well represent his academic qualifications... his discussion is quite lucid.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

dik,

A good book for you to read would be "The Hidden Persuaders by Vance Packard Originally published in 1957" it may help you see what is really happening.
Another good topic that could help see what could be helping with the geoengineering is "The Disclosure Project" that has hundreds of high up witnesses and whistle blowers.
Too many things happening at once since 2021.

Sorry Tug... I didn't notice any glaring errors...

-----*****-----

-Dik

... a different opinion. I don't agree with him, but it's added info. To quote Tug, "What qualifies him as a climate scientist other than discredited theories?"

"‘No Real Climate Crisis’
The award-winning scientist warned that the information being touted as truth is being driven by ‘massive shock-journalistic pseudoscience.’

The report goes on to assert that governments around the world along with respected news outlets promote the idea of a climate crisis in order to comply with the green agenda goals of the World Economic Forum (WEF), United Nations (UN), the World Health Organisation (WHO), and other unelected organisations."

-----*****-----

-Dik

If it means anything, I don't consider "Nobel Prize Winner" a credential. There have been some recent winners that have very much eroded all value of a Nobel Prize.

I concur... four presidents have won the peace prize... including Obama... no credibility... and this guy is a scientist? You'd think he would know better.

-----*****-----

-Dik

The cost of everything is going up... May not be able to get many things.

I live in the other affected zone. Construction and permitting costs are too high. It has nothing to do with your boogie man.

Someone pointed out that if CO2 is causing the heatwaves, as the scary media like to claim, then the whole globe should be getting warmer, as CO2 is fairly evenly distributed. But in fact while some regions are experiencing higher temperatures than their long term average, others are seeing cooler temperatures than average.

image-110_zra2c9.png

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Not true... the CO[sub]2[/sub] is just trapping heat. The different land and water forms have an impact on weather patterns.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Its definitely been a beautiful summer here in Michigan. I run a few miles most days, preferably at lunch or in the early evening. This time of year I normally have to do early mornings or late nights to avoid the heat but here we are, nearly August and another sunny, clear, 70F day.

I know politics inevitably sneaks in to threads like this, but let's try to keep the discussion focused on the science and engineering aspects, rather than name-calling, even in cartoon form, shall we?

Heatwaves in Texas are decreasing in frequency (West coast is a different story)
EPA_high-low-temps_figure3_2021_uopabj.png

This map shows trends in unusually hot temperatures at individual weather stations that have operated consistently since 1948. In this case, the term “unusually hot” refers to a daily maximum temperature that is hotter than the 95th percentile temperature during the 1948–2020 period. Thus, the maximum temperature on a particular day at a particular station would be considered “unusually hot” if it falls within the warmest 5 percent of measurements at that station during the 1948–2020 period. The map shows changes in the total number of days per year that were hotter than the 95th percentile. Red upward-pointing symbols show where these unusually hot days are becoming more common. Blue downward-pointing symbols show where unusually hot days are becoming less common. Data source: NOAA, 2021, EPA

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Not so sure, Greg

"Parts of Texas have been roasting for more than two weeks and flirting with the state’s record high temperature, and now, temperatures could get even hotter and expand to other areas across the South.

“Many areas outside south and south-central Texas (will) experience their most significant heat of the season thus far,” the Weather Prediction Center said on Friday.

More than 90 record high temperatures could be broken this week from Texas to Missouri to Florida, with the majority of those occurring Wednesday through Friday."

-----*****-----

-Dik

and more. I sure hope you can reset the 'switch'.

"Summer in the Northern Hemisphere is playing out like an apocalypse movie: a tale of heat, floods and fire. But scientists warn this may only be a preview of the unpredictable chaos to come if the world continues to pump out planet-heating pollution.

Just over halfway through July and already a slew of extreme weather records has been broken.

A prolonged, unrelenting heat wave has scorched large parts of the South and Southwest United States. Temperatures in Phoenix, Arizona, have hit at least 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43.3C) for a record-breaking 19 consecutive days, and emergency departments are flooded with heat-related illness.

09 cool down wellness
In extreme heat, here are 14 ways to keep your body and home cool without AC
Southern Europe is experiencing one of its most extreme heat waves on record, with wildfires raging in Greece, Spain and Switzerland. And in Asia, temperatures have pushed above 50 degrees Celsius (122 degrees Fahrenheit) in China, while parts of South Korea, Japan and northern India are experiencing deadly flooding."

Clipboard01_k4jefp.png

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back